- n a constellation in the southern hemisphere near Dorado and Columba
- During the 1960s a new kind of artist seemed to be emerging in London: pictor transatlanticus.
News & Articles
- Exoplanet's Spin Detected For First Time — And It's Fast
Planet ? Pictoris b spins at 62,000 miles an hour, about twice as fast as Jupiter and 50 times faster than Earth. A day lasts just eight hours.
May 1, 2014 - NPR
- Length of Alien Planet's 'Day' Clocked for 1st Time, an 8-Hour World
Astronomers have measured the rotation rate of an alien planet for the first time ever, finding that a huge Jupiter-like world called Beta Pictoris b has a day lasting just eight hours. The equator of Beta Pictoris b, a gas giant about 10 times more massive than Jupiter, is moving at about 62,000 mph (100,000 km/h), researchers said — far faster than that of any planet in our solar system. In ...
April 30, 2014 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Spin cycle: astronomers detect distant planet that whirls madly
If so, don't plan a visit to the planet known as Beta Pictoris b. Scientists said on Wednesday that for the first time, they have measured the spin of a planet outside our solar system - a large gas planet located a relatively close 63 light years from Earth. They determined that the planet spins faster than any in our solar system, with a rotational velocity at its equator of about 56,000 miles ...
April 30, 2014 - Reuters via Yahoo! News