- n the act of someone who picks up or takes something
the pickings were easy
- n the quantity of a crop that is harvested
- n the act of picking (crops or fruit or hops etc.)
- v select carefully from a group
- v look for and gather
- v harass with constant criticism
- v provoke
- v remove in small bits
- v remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits
- v pilfer or rob
- v pay for something
- v pull lightly but sharply with a plucking motion
- v attack with or as if with a pickaxe of ice or rocky ground, for example
- v hit lightly with a picking motion
- v eat intermittently; take small bites of
- In the '70s and '80s, beer Democrats were easy pickings for Republicans.
- After six of the festival's 11 days and apart from Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, which shows Japanese animation genius Hayao Miyazaki in top form the pickings have been .
- Perhaps demonstrating how MP3 really did kill the video star, V CAST offers slim pickings, video-wise.
News & Articles
- Downpours and birdies -- and a few boobirds for Sergio Garcia -- in 1st round of US Open
Drenching storms caused a 3½-hour delay early Thursday, halting play less than two hours after it began. When the golfers returned to the course, one thing was evident: a 102-yard hole was easy pickings for the world's best players.
June 13, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Downpours and birdies in 1st round of U.S. Open
HAVERFORD - Clouds gave way to peeks of sunshine, squeegees gave way to putters, and the 13th hole gave way to birdies during the first round of the U.S. Open's return to Merion Golf Club. Drenching storms caused a 3½-hour delay early Thursday, halting play less than two hours after it began. When the golfers returned to the course, one thing was evident: a 102-yard hole was easy pickings for ...
June 13, 2013 - The Mercury
- Hands on with ARMA III and DayZ, PC gaming’s E3 vanguards
E3 has never been a bastion of PC gaming, but the pickings are incredibly slim at this year’s show. Sure, there’s a virtual cornucopia of console titles destined to land on PCs as part of a cross-platform push , and yeah, Sega is showing off the PC-exclusive Rome: Total War II , but after walking the floor for a couple of hours, it’s clear that pure PC gaming is pretty much relegated to two ...
June 12, 2013 - PC World
- Brian Sabean in Forbes
We all know what he means to the ballclub on the field with his leadership abilities and more so how he plays shortstop,Sabean said. "The shortstop pickings as compared to Omar were very sub par. I really marvel at him going to Venezuela...
- Lasith Malinga in NDTV.com
We were confident as we knew we need to get Afridi to win the game. Once he got out, the rest were easy pickings,said Malinga.
- Kevin McHale in USA Today
No, not at all,McHale said after the draft lottery. "Tell you what, if you said that every person who ever took any money in college would not be drafted, it'd be slim pickings."