- n a licensed medical practitioner
- At the turn of the century, when John Willard Travell was a young physician building his practice and raising two daughters, frogs were still common in Manhattan.
- Before the reign of Hitler there were 50,000 physicians in Germany, of whom 6,500 were Jewish or part-Jewish.
- But opioids made a comeback in the 1980s, after patient groups and physicians focused attention on the problem of under-treated pain.
- Nancy Pelosi in BusinessWeek
It is clear that Senate Republicans have no intention of passing any jobs legislation, whether it is tied to physician payments or not,said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
- President Bush in Reuters
I support the primary objective of this legislation, to forestall reductions in physician payments. Yet taking choices away from seniors to pay physicians is wrong. This bill is objectionable, and I am vetoing it,Bush said in a statement to...
- Oliver Sacks in Orlando Sentinel
It should be an exciting and unusual event,Sacks said in an interview this week. "I will talk about the therapeutic and beneficent power of music as a physician, and then their wonderful choir will perform. ...... And the audience will...