- n any of a group of enzymes that act as a catalyst in the hydrolysis of organic phosphates
- The results: they were able to identify the telltale phosphatase elevation in the blood of 33% of patients in the early, first stage of the disease.
- If phosphatase is present in the Martian dust, it will eat away the inhibiting phosphate, and the fluid in the multivator's chambers will begin to glow.
News & Articles
- Diabetes Patients That Bring Glucose Meters to Doctor Visits Have Better Control Over Their Disease
Researchers from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai demonstrated several new studies at The Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting & Expo (ENDO) from June 15-18 in San Francisco about diabetes self-management, as well as the role of prostastic acid phosphatase (PAP) in Prostate Cancer (PCa) bone metastases; identifed new molecules that can stimulate the thyroid gland; revealed the ...
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Diabetics who use meters to monitor their glucose have better control over disease
( The Mount Sinai Hospital / Mount Sinai School of Medicine ) Mount Sinai researchers will demonstrate new data on diabetes self-management, as well as the role of prostastic acid phosphatase in Prostate Cancer bone metastases; identify new molecules that can stimulate the thyroid gland; reveal the prevalence of primary aldosteronism; and show how thyroid autoimmunity may be triggered by ...
June 17, 2013 - EurekAlert!