- n electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds
I talked to him on the telephone
- n (phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
- n electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds; it is held over or inserted into the ear
it was not the typing but the earphones that she disliked
- v get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone
- With its touchscreen, keypad-less cell phone, Apple once again kicks off a revolution.
- Is this the next level for mobile phones .
- E-Mail a Friend Tired of having to wear a cell phone on your belt wherever you go? In the future, you may not have to.
News & Articles
- Phone threat prompts evacuation of Richmond, Va., airport
RICHMOND, Va., June 11 (UPI) -- A phone threat led to the evacuation of Richmond,Va., International Airport, causing flight delays and hundreds of stranded travelers Tuesday, the airport said.
June 11, 2013 - UPI
- Phone app, $1.3M aimed at helping Utah win the weed war
Phone app, $1.3M aimed at helping Utah win the weed war by Taylor W. Anderson The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 10, 2013 05:03PM MDT Soldier Hollow •Utah’s “War on Weeds” got more ammunition Monday when various agencies and community groups unveiled a $1.3 million state grant and weed-tracking phone app. “Our innovation must continue if we’re going to keep up with the local and world demand ...
June 11, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Phone scams hit Sussex
Millville resident Kay Loysen recently received a phone call allegedly from Life Alert stating someone had bought her a Life Alert device and all she needed to provide was her address. While Loysen did not provide her information, the call was determined to be a scam.
June 11, 2013 - Eastern Shore News