- n a company that makes and sells pharmaceuticals
- Swiss pharmaceutical giant Roche agreed to license its anti-flu drug amid growing worries about avian flu.
- Pharming parties--or just "pharming" (from pharmaceuticals)--represent a growing trend among teenage drug abusers.
- So the entire big pharma model is open to question.
- Daniel Vasella in Reuters
The margins are higher than our pharma business and are obviously very attractive,Novartis Chief Executive Daniel Vasella told reporters.
- Carl Icahn in San Francisco Chronicle
Over the past decade, we have recognised the high growth trajectory of bio-pharma business verticals and progressively invested in building proprietary know-how and global scale. We believe this is the right time to divest our enzymes business and... Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiran_Mazumdar-Shaw&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEYFCnTn2HKU1fE5pKyi1-2BZUY7w Business Standard http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage.php%3Fautono%3D291654%26leftnm%3D1%26subLeft%3D0%26chkFlg%3D&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHNm_17v5cO0x45n3V1AdkXgTDwGQ Jul 18, 2007
74064 99213 pharma Negotiations between the parties are under way and the large pharma company has requested that ImClone not divulge its name until negotiations are completed," the statement, which the company attributed to Icahn, said.