- n a self-righteous or sanctimonious person
- n a member of an ancient Jewish sect noted for strict obedience to Jewish traditions
- The Morrow method: 1) look for the likenesses, not the differences, between men; 2) be meek and humble like the publican, not proud and exalted like the pharisee; 3) remember a .
- This man is no good; he's a pharisee.
- In an address to Dominicans who had invited him to speak, he wonders aloud whether he is in danger of being a "lay pharisee" when he claims the right to ask Christians to be .
News & Articles
- Forgiven to forgive others
A woman washed Jesus’ feet with her tears. She came to Jesus in faith and he forgave her sins. But, a Pharisee showed no mercy or love.
June 16, 2013 - Baytown Sun
- Hyam Maccoby in Jerusalem Post
As Hyam Maccoby writes in The Mythmaker: "Jesus' celebrated saying, 'The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath' is found almost word for word in a Pharisee source, where it is used to support the [rabbinical] doctrine that the saving of...
- Pope Paul VI in Zenit News Agency
Nevertheless, the Pope noted, "Paul passed into history more as a Christian, what is more, as an apostle, than as a Pharisee. His apostolic activity is subdivided traditionally on the basis of three missionary journeys, to which is added a fourth --...
- Ben Bridges in WFAA (subscription)
Indisputable evidence - long hidden but now available to everyone - demonstrates conclusively that so-called 'secular evolution science' is the Big Bang, 15-billion-year, alternate 'creation scenario' of the Pharisee Religion,writes Mr....