- a of or relating to the ancient Egyptian kings
- Poet Holmes was referring to mansions of the soul, but he might well have been prophesying today's pharaonic era of sports-stadium construction, in which city after city vies to .
- After all, the almost pharaonic fantasy world of a Puffy Combs video is light-years away from the hand-stenciled mimeographs with crude sketches advertising an around-the .
- Instead, Beijing's primary focus has been on large-scale works like the South-to-North-Water Diversion (SNWD), a pharaonic engineering project with a $62.
News & Articles
- Ancient Biblical Civilizations Killed by Climate Change, Study Says
Between 1250 and 1100 B.C.E., all the great civilizations of the eastern Mediterranean – pharaonic Egypt, Mycenaean Greece and Crete, Ugarit in Syria and the large Canaanite city-states – were destroyed, ushering in new peoples and kingdoms including the first Kingdom of Israel. Click here for the rest of the article...
Oct. 26, 2013 - The Forward
- A Frenemy With Weed
In a town where even the crunchiest causes have suited-up lobbyists behind them, Adam Eidinger , one of the District’s top marijuana activists, matches his ideals refreshingly well. He sports a military surplus jacket, orange glasses, and a thin, vaguely pharaonic goatee.
Oct. 24, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Zahi Hawass in AFP
The tomb receives a lot of visitors and is considered one of the most famous pharaonic tombs in the valley of the kings,Hawass said.
- Gamal El-Ghitani in Khaleej Times
We don't rule out that someone will enter the Karnak temple in Luxor or any other pharaonic temple and blow it up on the basis of the fatwa,Gamal al-Ghitani, editor of the literary Akhbar al-Adab magazine, told AFP.