- n inappropriate playfulness
- n quality of being lively and confident
there was a pertness about her that attracted him
- Plotless but pretty, the work does show off the almost Bolshoi-like muscularity of the Stuttgart's unusually strong male corps and the gamine pertness of lithe Birgit Keil.
- The sassy pertness that marks the style of many young, contemporary female vocalists has obviously impressed Seiko Matsuda, 21.
- Campus bred, the show has much more pertness than polish; it tends to slouch around with its socks hanging down, and it has the amateur's faith in the pen to the exclusion of .