perspicacity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n intelligence manifested by being astute (as in business dealings)
- n the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
- He was born on a distant planet called Krypton, whose inhabitants had a physical structure far more advanced than that of earth dwellers, but not enough perspicacity to keep .
- That would take a perspicacity most politicians lack.
- But when the banker thinks of Indiana he thinks of Evans Woollen, a banker whose fortune is moderate, whose perspicacity unsurpassed.
News & Articles
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks: Stanley Cup final set up to be a thriller
Surely, when the National Hockey League releases its commemorative Stanley Cup champions 2013 video, the winner of the series that begins Wednesday in Chicago will be crowned a "team of destiny" though the perspicacity of hindsight.
June 9, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Jon Kyl in AFP
...Kyl praised Gregg, a former New Hampshire governor who is the senior Republican on the Senate budget committee, as a "phenomenal" senator whose selection showed "a great deal of perspicacity" by Obama.