- n being a person
finding her own personhood as a campus activist
- Everyone I know who deals with medicines that affect minds seems to operate with a very clear functional distinction between personhood the realm of virtue, vice .
- And, if they do, then that is how a person is a Christian, not by the label they wear, but by the position they take on the role and the personhood of Christ.
- Irene Goldenberg, a psychology professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, concludes that the cult of personhood has brought about a more selfish view of the .
News & Articles
- Grumpy Old Scalia v. Those Pesky Kids
You may have heard that Justice Antonin Scalia referred to the majority opinion striking down the Defense of Marriage Act as “legalistic argle-bargle.” Intemperate as the dissent was, derision for Justice Anthony Kennedy’s jurisprudence of dignity and personhood was nothing new for Scalia, who has been castigating what he once called Kennedy’s “sweet mystery of life” rhetoric for a decade.
July 1, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Women’s Strike Force in Virginia Endorses Candidates for House of Delegates Who Oppose Mandatory Ultrasound and Other ...
The Women's Strike Force has endorsed a roster of candidates for the Virginia House of Delegates race in November opposed to mandatory ultrasound and personhood bills supported by current or previous incumbants. (PRWeb June 30, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10886762.htm
June 30, 2013 - PRWeb
- Finding the True Definition of Beauty
In our society when we hear the word beauty, we often associate it with physical appearance and aesthetics. Physical beauty, which we give such importance and value to, is truly only skin deep. It reveals nothing about someone's personhood, goodness or true self. Although I have only been in India for a few days, I have been surrounded by true beauty.
June 26, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Harry Blackmun in Denver Post
In Roe vs. Wade, the landmark 1973 US Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion, Justice Harry Blackmun wrote that if "personhood is established, the appellant's case, of course, collapses, for the fetus' right to life would then be...
- Jerry Brown in Reuters
The injustice of denying the personhood of whole classes of human beings is an injustice that cannot go unchallenged,Brown said. "Now is the time for justice. Nothing less is acceptable in a republic based on the principle of equal justice...