- a happening or recurring at regular intervals
the periodic appearance of the seventeen-year locust
- s recurring or reappearing from time to time
periodic feelings of anxiety
- A nation that had been wallowing in one of its periodic bouts of angst is now so transformed that the newspaper Der Spiegel recently ran a cover calling Germany the "Land of Smiles.
- Any number of old-school assignments--memorizing the battles of the Civil War or the periodic table of the elements--now seem faintly absurd.
- The blog also features periodic "Give That Photo a Name" contests, with the winners receiving real prizes.
News & Articles
- Lime Energy Co. Announces Revised Filing Schedule
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. -- via PRWEB - Lime Energy Co. (the "Company") today announced a revised schedule for filing its delinquent periodic reports and its restatement of the years ended December ...
June 27, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Search form
Receive periodic updates on Cato research and publications.
June 26, 2013 - Cato Institute
- 9 Beautiful Desktop Backgrounds Designed to Make You Smarter
Anyone can throw an image of the periodic table onto a desktop and call it a background, but the creations in the gallery above combine useful information with strong aesthetic appeal. SEE ALSO: 10 Creative Solutions for a More Productive Workspace What's your favorite site to find desktop backgrounds? Let us know in the comments below Mashable composite; image courtesy of Simple Desktops, Jack ...
June 26, 2013 - Mashable
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Obama said any system of detention "must have a thorough process of periodic review, so that any prolonged detention is carefully evaluated and justified."
- Peter Costello in Asia Corporate News Network (press release)
Federal Treasurer, Peter Costello said yesterday: "Well I can tell you that Australia's financial institutions are very, very secure. We stress test them through APRA on a periodic basis and they are very secure. And I think anybody who knows...
- Tony Blair in Reuters.uk
In politics at the top you get used to the periodic storms and I don't for a moment, incidentally, underestimate the volume of this one,Blair said in a speech, which made no direct reference to the cash-for-peerages investigation.