- n any of numerous plants widely cultivated for their showy single or double red or pink or white flowers
- Charms were popular: for convulsions, pour baptismal water over the peony bush; for bedwetting, fried-mouse pie; for a cold, crawl through a double-rooted briar toward the east .
- Between them, they should manage to keep Penny Wise on the boards well into the peony season.
- Daggers is a determinedly light-on-its-feet martial-arts romance with plenty of pretty costumes and period-specific peony pavilions.
News & Articles
- Community news
Posted June 12, 2013, at 8:42 a.m. BANGOR — The Peony Society of Maine will host its 12th annual Garden Tour 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, June 15 and June 22, at the home of Ken Liberty, 23 Ohio St.
June 12, 2013 - Bangor Daily News
- Cologne’s influence on peonies grows
by ADAM GRUENEWALD NYA Times Cologne’s influence on the peony flower community continues to grow. While a late winter … The post Cologne’s influence on peonies grows appeared first on Sun Patriot .
June 12, 2013 - Waconia Patriot
- Van Wert Kicks Off Peony Festival
The Peony Festival is already underway in Van Wert, and the fun activities into tonight and tomorrow. The festival features artist and crafters throughout the Midwest, and plenty of food for all.
June 7, 2013 - Your Hometown Lima Stations
- Jin Xing in China Daily
Salter thinks lotus is closer to love than the peony,Jin explains.
- Ben Whishaw in Times Online
With a flower - a peony, maybe - peeping out from somewhere,adds Whishaw helpfully.
- Carolina Herrera in guardian.co.uk
Carolina Herrera described her colours as "pool blue, pear green, brick red, peony pink, and clementine orange", which chimed with the mood around her, although her silhouettes were for the most part still in a 1950s cocktail-party groove.