- n the condition of a peon
- n the practice of making a debtor work for his creditor until the debt is discharged
- Last week, the League of Nations Temporary Commission on Slavery discussed peonage (employment of peons or laborers).
- Haitian zombies are those unfortunate people who have been resurrected from the grave and placed in peonage by villainous masters.
- Federal officials step up efforts to rescue migrants from peonage Every year during the summer, waves of migrants work their way northward from the South and Mexico,.