- n seventh Sunday after Easter; commemorates the emanation of the Holy Spirit to the Apostles; a quarter day in Scotland
- n (Judaism) Jewish holy day celebrated on the sixth of Sivan to celebrate Moses receiving the Ten Commandments
- Archbishop Emmanuel Milingo in International Herald Tribune
This is a groundswell movement - a church within a church - that is forming and the Vatican is in a state of denial,Milingo said Tuesday at a news conference. "Our prelature is part of this movement. This is a new Pentecost. The Holy...
- Sean Brady in Times Online
Cardinal Brady told the packed St Patrick's Cathedral in Armagh: "Be certain that I will be reflecting carefully as we enter into Holy Week, Easter and Pentecost. I will use this time to pray, to reflect on the word of God and to discern the will of...
- Pope Paul VI in Catholic Culture
When Peter preached to the multitudes in Jerusalem at Pentecost,the Pope pointed out, "there were visitors from Africa present among them."