- n a verse line having five metrical feet
- Today the notion of people opening their mouths to sing their hearts out is as anachronistic as speaking in iambic pentameter.
- You want it to be iambic pentameter with internal rhymes.
- Plays a game standing on his head; another blindfolded; another in which he phrases his responses in iambic pentameter; another in which he refuses to give any answers that contain .
News & Articles
- Movie Review: Shakespeare would approve of this 'Much Ado'
“Much Ado About Nothing” is quite fun and decidedly charming, thanks to a likeable, albeit marginally Shakespearean, cast consisting of director Josh Whedon’s closest pals, who've gathered in his gorgeous home to put on a play spoken entirely in the Bard's melodious iambic pentameter.
June 21, 2013 - The Canton Repository
- Kenny MacAskill in Scotsman
Kenny MacAskill, Justice Secretary, said: "The Scottish Government is committed to tackling the appalling trafficking in human beings and the misery it causes. Pentameter Two is a vital part of the on-going battle against this despicable 'trade',...
- Denzel Washington in USA Today
Washington told CBS's 60 Minutes Wednesday that "one of these days I'm going to respond in iambic pentameter: 'Answereth that, my lord. My lord, it is for you."
- Alice Eve in Independent
I wrote to Trevor and I said, 'I'd love to take you up on your offer and have you teach me how to do a classic role' and he said 'OK',says Eve. "This is my first foray into the classics and iambic pentameter."