- n persistent morbid meditation on a problem
- n deep serious thoughtfulness
- In its pensiveness and good manners, its immersion in desolate wastes, its search for eccentricity, even dementia, behind the blandest Anglo face, the show was devoutly Canadian.
- And when they do shut up, it's often to blow someone away, or do drugs, or sink into edgy pensiveness.
- The roughly two dozen works in the book's first section range from the erotic awakening of a honeymooning couple to the pensiveness of an old man surveying his fields and finding .
- Nick Harmer in Inland Valley Daily Bulletin
At that time, we were so full of anxiety, and the kind of level of trepidation and pensiveness, being on Atlantic, and how this album would be received. We would try to keep it away but it was really around us, if we admit it or not,Harmer said.