- n the peers of a kingdom considered as a group
- The British Treasury announced last week without comment the significant fact that onetime (1921-26) Governor-General Baron Byng of Canada has refused to pay a so-called "peerage .
- As it turned out, Goldsmith would not be awarded a peerage after all, but rather the lesser rank of knighthood, a more appropriate distinction for a businessman of Goldsmith's .
- He gave up his Canadian citizenship in 2001 to accept a peerage in the British House of Lords, becoming Lord Black of Crossharbour, but he was already the equivalent of Canadian .
- Jack McConnell in ic Newcastle.co.uk
A source close to Mr McConnell said: "The First Minister is mildly annoyed the Lord Advocate's peerage has been caught up in the periphery of the investigation because there was a delay announcing it. He has made it clear to the police that he knew...
- David Cameron in ic NorthWales
I think listeners will draw their own conclusions about someone who one day asks for a peerage, to be elevated to the House of Lords, and the next minute launches a great attack on the leader of the Conservative Party,Mr Cameron told BBC...
- Elfyn Llwyd in BBC News
Mr Llwyd told MPs: "New Labour, in an effort to prevent him from standing for Parliament, offered him a peerage. The man named as being responsible is the secretary of state for Wales who made the offer on the specific authority of the prime...