- n a deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells)
- v ring recurrently
bells were pealing
- v sound loudly and sonorously
- Moscow, Moscow, Moscow, like the pealing of the city's thousand bellsMoscow, the shrine of the great new materialist faith, aspiring to be the new mistress of the world, was .
- Fox hunting, the 500-year-old sport of red-coated riders, baying hounds and pealing horns, has suddenly become endangered, though not the animal itself.
- It will begin at sunrise on April 22, with church bells pealing for the health of the planet.
News & Articles
- New bell tolls in joy and celebration
TOWNSEND -- A pealing bell often signifies joy -- the happy sound marking momentous occasions like weddings or the end of war.
June 21, 2013 - Townsend Times
- Dieter Zetsche in Autoblog (blog)
Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, commented: "This design study continues the long tradition of exciting coupÃ©s from Mercedes-Benz in impressive style. With its emotionally ap-pealing lines, ConceptFASCINATION...