- s inclined or disposed to peace
they met in a peaceable spirit
- a not disturbed by strife or turmoil or war
- s disposed to peace or of a peaceful nature
a quiet and peaceable person
in a peaceable and orderly manner
- During the 1970s, however, they attempted to scrub their outlaw image, depicting themselves as a peaceable, nationwide "family" united by a love of the open road.
- His May 19 coup not only wrecked Fiji's economy and crippled its multiracial democracy, it also destroyed the region's peaceable reputation.
- What we know for now is that all around the edges of the peaceable Banana Republic, history is still being made the old-fashioned way, with land mines and .
News & Articles
- Temple Shearith Israel has new rabbi
Rabbi David Reiner will be the new spiritual leader of Temple Shearith Israel, the Reform Jewish synagogue at 46 Peaceable Street. Rabbi Reiner will assume this month, following Rabbi Eric Eisenkramer, who is departing to lead a congregation in New Jersey.
July 5, 2013 - Ridgefield Press
- John Roberts in World Socialist Web Site
...John Roberts, writing for the six-judge majority, stated that such actions "meant to 'promot[e] peaceable, lawful conduct' ...... can further terrorism: Such support frees up other resources within the organization that may be put to...
- Sam Adams in NewsWithViews.com
Samuel Adams said, "The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Thomas Paine in Yahoo! News
Paine said: "The peaceable part of mankind will be continually overrun by the vile and abandoned while they neglect the means of self-defense. : (Weakness) allures the ruffian (but) arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...