- v plan or create according to a model or models
- v form a pattern
- a having patterns (especially colorful patterns)
- The term is patterned after "jump the shark," which comes from the 91st episode of Happy Days in which Fonzie jumps over a shark tank while water-skiing in a leather jacket .
- In increasing numbers, men are boldly tiptoeing around in lavishly patterned, attention-getting shoes that have three-quarter-inch platform soles and heels as much as five .
- A cesta is ribbed, however, and the patterned wicker puts more English on the ball than can be found in most freshman college classes.
News & Articles
- The Mask Of Dimitrios
Highly Recommended Though The Mask of Dimitrios (1944), a film noir starring Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet, is clearly patterned after The Maltese Falcon (Lorre and Greenstreet on a similarly Byzantine quest) and Casablanca (exotic foreign intrigue with colorful multinational cast), the picture, faithfully adapted from Eric Ambler's novel (actually called A Coffin for Dimitrios ), is also ...
June 27, 2013 - DVD Talk
- West Dundee reaches out to Scottish sister city
WEST DUNDEE — If some West Dundee officials suddenly start sporting tartan-patterned apparel, don’t be alarmed. They may just be trying to assimilate to the culture of the village’s new sister city. Recently, the West Dundee Village Board approved establishing a sister city with Dundee, Scotland, that country’s fourth largest city. West Dundee Village President Chris Nelson is the mover behind ...
June 26, 2013 - The Courier News
- Donovan in International Herald Tribune
I got very, very involved in a paisley patterned carpet, I remember,Donovan said to laughter. "It took me a long while to come out of that carpet."
- John McCain in 940 News
I'll set up a new agency patterned after the old Office of Strategic Services that will be a small, nimble, can-do organization that will fightterrorist anywhere in the world and on the Internet, McCain said.
- Timothy Wirth in Newsweek
They patterned what they did after the tobacco industry,says former senator Tim Wirth, who spearheaded environmental issues as an under secretary of State in the Clinton administration. "Both figured, sow enough doubt, call the science...