- a inspired by love for your country
- Despite the painfully flat patriotic songs, some corny dialogue ("He may have been too young to marry, but he was not too young to die") and the hefty ticket .
- This is ironic and weirdly self-defeating, since the liberal message of national improvement is profoundly more optimistic, and patriotic, than the innate conservative pessimism .
- I constantly exercise influence on it to remain pure, patriotic and dedicated to struggle.
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face. So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me,Sen. Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't...
- Prince Harry in CTV.ca
In a recent interview, Harry said: "The last thing I said was there's no way I'm going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my arse back home while my boys are out fighting for their country. That may sound very patriotic, but it's true."
- John Updike in guardian.co.uk
...in 1932 in Shillington, a small town in Pennsylvania, Updike spoke for millions of Depression-era readers raised by "penny-pinching parents", united by "the patriotic cohesion of world war two" and blessed by a "disproportionate...