- n a diversion that occupies one's time and thoughts (usually pleasantly)
sailing is her favorite pastime
his main pastime is gambling
- How fared the great American pastime last week? Here is how fared the great American pastime last week: Nicked on the wrist by an inside fast ball, Milwaukee's.
- Baseball Covers From Ted Williams to Pete Rose, browse every PTI cover related to America's pastime.
- In addition, he figured out a way to make the NFL far more valuable than other sports, including the national pastime, baseball.
News & Articles
- Town Honors Military With Baseball Showdown
America’s pastime gets the local treatment as Town of Oyster Bay officials announced Massapequa’s John J. Burns Town Park will host a special baseball game between the U.S. Military All-Stars and the Long Island Force High School All-Star team on Tuesday, June 25 at 8 p.m. The teams will play for the 2013 Supervisor’s Trophy and honor the sacrifices made by men and women in uniform to protect ...
June 13, 2013 - Massapequan Observer
- Americans only care about spying when the other party does it
Flip-flopping: A national pastime
June 13, 2013 - The Week via Yahoo! News
- A Former Player's Take on Fantasy Football in the NFL Locker Room
Whether you play fantasy football or not, this $1 billion-a-year pastime continues to grow. As it flourishes, its impact on the NFL and its players becomes increasingly more profound. As a former NFL athlete and burgeoning fantasy football addict, I’d like to take you inside the culture of a typical NFL locker room as it relates to the growing hobby that has captivated fans across the nation ...
June 13, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Ann Coulter in Media Matters for America
As Editor & Publisher reported, at the bottom of the March 3 posting, Coulter wrote: "IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO DIVERT BONIOR FROM HIS PRINCIPAL PASTIME WHICH IS FRONTING FOR ARAB TERRORISTS."
- Mick Jagger in International Herald Tribune
It's more like a strange pastime,Jagger explained. "It's very odd because you live for the next show, which could be the next day. All the time you're building up and in that way it's akin to sports because you're working up - you...
- Russell Martin in USA Today
They're definitely the team to beat,Martin said. "It's the American pastime and it's their game, but we're getting better and better."