- n a person who passes by casually or by chance
- n a person who passes as a member of a different ethnic or racial group
- n a student who passes an examination
- n (football) a ball carrier who tries to gain ground by throwing a forward pass
- n type genus of the Passeridae
- He plays the proprietor of a moribund grocery store, tormented by his awful wife and children, driven half-mad by every passer-by, registering victimization and misanthropy in his .
- That is, 18 yards; 15 of them on a rushing-the-passer penalty.
- Then this passer disclosed he needed summer school to become eligible.
News & Articles
- Joe Torre's daughter catches baby
The toddler was dangling two stories up. A passer-by saw him and got on the phone to 911. Then he fell and she caught him. The passer-by happened to be Cristina Torre -- daughter of ex-baseball catcher and manager Joe Torre. FULL STORY
June 20, 2013 - CNN
- Zoning violations continue at Maple Street property
EAST LONGMEADOW — If a passer-by didn't know any better, they might think someone was trying to sell a pirate ship. Sitting a short distance from the road at 64 Maple St. is a large, blue sailboat, adorned with skull and crossbones, the words "for sale" and a phone number.
June 20, 2013 - The Reminder
- Hit-and-run mystery: Man found in road with 'number of injuries'
An injured man is flown to a hospital after a passer-by sees him lying on the road in Butler County. Police think a car hit him.
June 20, 2013 - WTAE-TV Pittsburgh
- Al Gore in 940 News
One of the most famous ice-hockey players in history was asked the secret of why he was so good,Gore said. "He was the best passer in the history of the game, Bobby Hull. Others might disagree (and say) Wayne Gretzky. And he said in...
- Eric Mangini in International Herald Tribune
Kris is a productive player who is stout at the point of attack and has the ability to rush the passer,Jets coach Eric Mangini said. "We are looking forward to adding him to our defense."
- Jean Beliveau in Toronto Star
I was certainly happy to play against him and I'm so sorry to hear (of his death),said Montreal Canadiens legend Jean Beliveau. "He was a complete centreman, a good playmaker, a good passer, good on faceoffs."