- n a person's partner in marriage
- n an associate in an activity or endeavor or sphere of common interest
- n a person who is a member of a partnership
- v provide with a partner
- v act as a partner
Astaire partnered Rogers
- It is one of the ironies of the Middle East that Menachem Begin, 64, should emerge as Sadat's partner in the new quest for peace.
- That is the reason he must change partners endlessly.
- The number of lifetime sexual partners is also on the rise: French women between the ages of 30 and 49 report an average 5.
- Barack Obama in NH Primary
In his town hall meeting here, Obama said: "In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times...
- Benjamin Netanyahu in TIME
I intend to confound the critics and the skeptics,Netanyahu said. "I need a partner."
- John McCain in The Australian
McCain said that in his vice-presidential pick Palin he had "found just the right partner to help me shake up Washington''." "She has executive experience and a real record of accomplishment,'' he said, noting that she knows where she comes...