- n one of the variations contained in a partita
- n (music) an instrumental suite common in the 18th century
- For his Town Hall debut, Norman's program was by no means all apple pie: a Handel sonata, a Bach partita for unaccompanied violin, two difficult Paganini caprices.
- Tom Kempinski's play is a melancholy partitatwo characters, six scenesabout a brilliant violinist struck down in her prime by multiple sclerosis, and the psychiatrist who .
- He once played a four-week engagement in a Manhattan nightclub, and right now he is busy at home, adapting a movement from a Bach partita to a bossa nova beat.