paramedic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person trained to assist medical professionals and to give emergency medical treatment
- After working as a paramedic and a fire department lieutenant, Fugate went on to serve 10 years as Alachua County's emergency management chief, a position that reportedly came with .
- When a paramedic shouted, the man moved his head.
- At a paramedic's suggestion, he took his expandable baton and pried apart the bull shark's jaws.
News & Articles
- Paramedic, 2 officers injured in attack
Two police officers and a paramedic are recovering after a man they were trying to help apparently attacked them.
June 11, 2013 - WCPO Cincinnati
- Paramedic Randall Whiddon saluted as dedicated servant
Numerous ambulances and their EMT/Paramedic crews from surrounding counties were also on hand to pay their respects.
June 10, 2013 - WALB Albany
- Oklahoma paramedic assaulted while treating patient
An EMSA paramedic was assaulted while trying to treat a patient Sunday, according to FOX23.com. Police said paramedics were called to the Sand Springs QuikTrip to evaluate a woman. When they arrived, officers said the woman began yelling obscenities and threatening to punch the medic. When he tried to stop her from leaving, the woman hit the paramedic, FOX23 reports.
June 10, 2013 - The Oklahoman
- John Brumby in NEWS.com.au
This is the biggest single investment into the state's ambulance services in Victoria's history,Mr Brumby said. "By listening to community and paramedic concerns around the state, we are proposing to reshape Victoria's ambulance service...
- Bill Elliott in USA Today
I've been in so-called safety meetings where all it is, is a Joe Blow local EMT who works that particular race because he gets a (garage) hot pass,Elliott writes. "This is a true story: I had a guy after a wreck one time, a paramedic, who...
- Marlon Anderson in USA Today
I couldn't imagine being a paramedic going to the scene of a wreck. That's what that was, pretty much, a wreck,Anderson said.