- n one of several distinct subdivisions of a text intended to separate ideas; the beginning is usually marked by a new indented line
- v divide into paragraphs, as of text
This story is well paragraphed
- v write about in a paragraph
All her friends were paragraphed in last Monday's paper
- v write paragraphs; work as a paragrapher
- In academic writing, the introductory paragraph of an essay or research paper contains a thesis statement a single sentence that clearly sets out the central idea of the .
- As explained in paragraph 65-67, 70-73, modern man is strapped down by a network of rules and regulations, and his fate depends on the actions of persons remote from him whose .
- Then he rereads the entire paragraph, which gives one chills, partly for Darwin's understatement.
News & Articles
- Notification in accordance with section 26 paragraph 1 WpHG
We have received the following notifications of voting rights pursuant to section 21 paragraph 1 of the German Securities Trading Act (WpHG): -------------- Part 1 of 2 -------------- Notification pursuant ...
June 12, 2013 - Thomson Reuters ONE via Yahoo! Finance
- Empire’s Sobeys to Buy Safeway Canada for $5.7 Billion
(Corrects price in first paragraph.) Empire Co. Ltd.’s Sobeys unit agreed to buy Safeway Inc. (SWY) ’s Canadian division for about C$5.8 billion ($5.7 billion) in cash to expand in Western Canada.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- /C O R R E C T I O N -- Ernst & Young/
In the news release, Media companies' digital revenues will overtake traditional revenues by 2015, issued 11-Jun-2013 by Ernst & Young over PR Newswire, we are advised by the company that the first paragraph ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Nicolas Sarkozy in The Associated Press
I am the first to think that sometimes discussions are long, that to insert a paragraph in a communique is exhausting,Sarkozy said at the end of three days of meetings. "We end these summits empty, tired, but it's our duty to participate."
- Acker in Wall Street Journal
He sent the documents to Mr. Hood, Judge Acker writes, "for the calculated purpose of ensuring noncompliance with or avoidance of the injunction's clear first paragraph."
- David Mitchell in Forbes
Of course, SAP has also provided a detailed and paragraph-by-paragraph legal response to each of the Oracle points,said David Mitchell, an analyst at London-based Ovum. "It has taken the interesting step of doing so entirely publicly, even...