- n a ceremonial procession including people marching
- n an extended (often showy) succession of persons or things
a parade of strollers on the mall
a parade of witnesses
- n a visible display
she made a parade of her sorrows
- v walk ostentatiously
She parades her new husband around town
- v march in a procession
the veterans paraded down the street
- In recent years the parade has averaged two hours in length.
- In a country that rarely acknowledges homosexuality, let alone celebrates it, Hong Kong's first gay-pride parade was downright revolutionary.
- The mile-long parade route is carefully planned to avoid any places of worship, and Canetti says that she has told some of the procession's expected participants, especially those .
News & Articles
- Big parade, party, fireworks planned for Long Hill Fire's 100th this Saturday
LONG HILL TWP. – The big parade, party and fireworks celebration of the 100th Anniversary of the founding of the Stirling Volunteer Fire Company and the Millington Volunteer Fire Company will start at
June 13, 2013 - Echoes-Sentinel
- Parade of Homes shows off lakeshore properties
The parade route of area home builders is getting longer this year. The 2013 Spring West Michigan Lakeshore Parade of Homes, which begins Thursday and runs through June 23, features an impressive lineup of 26 properties. That’s up significantly from the 18 new homes that were part of the lineup last year.
June 12, 2013 - The Holland Sentinel
- The parade of columnists declaring their support for the NSA's massive secret spying program goes on
The parade of columnists declaring their support for the NSA's massive secret spying program goes on , and on , and on ... Read more...
June 12, 2013 - Gawker
- Chet Culver in The Epoch Times
Iowa Gov. Chet Culver said in a statement released on Sunday, "My thoughts and prayers are with the town of Bellevue and those injured at today's Fourth of July parade. I am especially saddened because the accident occurred during the events...
- Virgil in New York Daily News
The mood is shock and disbelief,Bellevue Mayor Virgil Murray said. "We've had this parade forever. We've had horses in the parade forever."
- Beck in The Associated Press
If you're coming here to vandalize, if you're coming her to disrupt, well, then you're going to stay because we are going to put you in jail,Beck said. "This parade is a family event. This parade is a celebration of a victory of a great...