- n rescue equipment consisting of a device that fills with air and retards your fall
- v jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute
- The former chairman of TWA is frequently credited as the first golden parachute recipient.
- He and his 100-pound parachute landed with a thud on Liberty Island's stone coping, a few yards from the water.
- When an Army paratrooper steps out into space, he knows that the sudden blossoming of his parachute will rattle his bones, strain his joints, and for a breathless moment, make .
News & Articles
- Smoke Jumper Dies Fighting Lightning-sparked Fire
MODOC COUNTY– During a wildfire, you can see the flames, you see the chopper, but what you don’t see are the smoke jumpers — the guys who parachute in to try and stop a fire in it’s tracks. One of …
June 13, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- Benzene resurfaces in Parachute Creek
Benzene has again been detected, but at barely detectable levels, in Parachute Creek at the site of a natural gas liquids leak.
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- WATCH: Woman slams into building after parachute malfunctions during 52-story leap
A jumper who leapt off a 52-story hotel had a lucky escape after a parachute malfunction sent her slamming into the side of the building. Austrian thrillseeker Maria Steinmayr was taking part in the Base Jump Extreme World Championship in Benidorm, Spain when her chute opened the wrong way. The...
June 10, 2013 - New York Post
- Rod Blagojevich in New York Times
I've got this thing,Mr. Blagojevich said on one recording, according to the affidavit, "and it's [expletive] golden. And I'm just not giving it up for [expletive] nothing. I'm not going to do it. And I can always use it. I can parachute me...
- George Miller in ABC News
Unlike Wall Street executives, America's families don't have a golden parachute to fall back on,said Rep. George Miller, D-Calif., the panel chairman. "It's clear that their retirement security may be one of the greatest casualties of this...
- Bart Stupak in AFP
I'm sure you will get your life back, and with a golden parachute back in England. But we in America are left with the terrible consequences of BP's reckless disregard for safety,said Democratic Representative Bart Stupak.