- n a surface having parabolic sections parallel to a single coordinate axis and elliptic sections perpendicular to that axis
- Now the big glass disc, yellowish blue and slightly murky like an old Pyrex dish, is a paraboloid perfect within two millionths of an inch.
- When three years of grinding (done slowly to avoid distortion caused by frictional heat) and cleaning with blasts of electrons have produced a concave paraboloid surface true to .
- He also flattened the outer curves of the lenses from spherical to paraboloid shapes.
News & Articles
- Comment on Doors Open Denver invites the city behind closed doors
Ray, the hyperbolic paraboloid at Zeckendorf Plaza was just part of the May D&F department store. Most of the retail space was actually in the box-like structure behind it, which was clad in gold-metal panels. The building is still there--it's part of the Sheraton--but it's now covered in glass.
April 11, 2014 - Denver Post
- Flip Saunders in Chicago Tribune
It's called the hyperbolic, paraboloid, transitional, floating zone defense,Pistons coach Flip Saunders explained after practice Tuesday.