- n a plane curve formed by the intersection of a right circular cone and a plane parallel to an element of the curve
- Please define the asymptote of a parabola (you're a better man than Kinstein if you do).
- The third parabola's problem (adding five numbers up to four digits) was no trouble.
- Like some prehistoric monster, the ornithopter, wings glistening in sunlight, described a gigantic parabola and came, back to earth.
News & Articles
- Another stock bubble looking for a pin
If you step back far enough, you can see what's really happening. The Fed has now manufactured a parabolic move in the stock market. This parabola is much more aggressive (and thus even more unsustainable) than witnessed at either the 2000 or 2007 stock market tops.
Dec. 27, 2013 - Resource Investor
- Peter Diamandis in Central Florida News 13|
We'll do one Zero Gravity parabola with Professor Hawking,Zero-G CEO Peter Diamandis said. "He'll start laying flat on his back. We'll bring him slowly into the air where he'll levitate in Zero-G. We'll release him, let him float, [and]...
- Andy Potts in Inside Triathlon
We have expenditure of half the surplus, we're on a parabola to a deficit budget and when we arrive at that point the people will ask the question, 'What debts have you got out there?' And we will table for them an unquantifiable because these are... Barnaby Joyce http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnaby_Joyce&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEugmNdQWXWvYS7E1aogCg2wVVlRQ ABC Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/25/2401211.htm%3Fsection%3Djustin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFKf3DZ5HIoxTvY2FE6F0CoD7PoBQ Oct 24, 2008
72102 96434 parabola I felt there was a bit of a current taking us out from the shore, but it made for a bit more of a straight shot than the usual parabola," said Potts.