- n (botany) a tiny outgrowth on the surface of a petal or leaf
- n a small nipple-shaped protuberance concerned with taste, touch, or smell
the papillae of the tongue
- n a small projection of tissue at the base of a hair or tooth or feather
- An electric current sent through this wire papillotome burns a larger opening in the papilla and cauterizes the wound.
News & Articles
- POLL: Would you try a new cure for baldness?
For the first time, a team of scientists reports successfully growing human hairs from dermal papilla cells taken from the inside of donor hair follicles. Would you try such a new cure for baldness? Take our poll.
Oct. 28, 2013 - Swampscott Reporter