- n a large elongated exocrine gland located behind the stomach; secretes pancreatic juice and insulin
- Others think the pancreas itself is at fault, and that its failure to produce enough enzymes causes both the intestinal trouble and the stickiness of the mucus.
- The seasoning doesn't actually contain pork, the manufacturer insists, though the early stages of production did involve an enzyme derived from pig pancreas.
- The only exceptions are pancreas, liver and nerve cells; so far these have proven too finicky to survive outside their human home.
News & Articles
- A look at risk factors for diabetes
Diabetes is a group of diseases marked by high levels of blood glucose resulting from defects in action, production or both of the insulin hormone produced in pancreas.
June 13, 2013 - Redlands Daily Facts
- Learn more about diabetes signs, risks
What is diabetes? Diabetes is when there is not enough insulin produced by your pancreas or when the body cannot properly use the insulin that is being produced.
June 13, 2013 - The Star Press
- Ginny Brown-Waite in New York Times (blog)
There are simply too many unresolved issues around my health and my pancreas in particular,Ms. Brown-Waite, 66, said in a statement. "As of this morning, my doctors are still undecided about what course to pursue next for my treatments."
- Steve Jobs in Expressindia.com
This weekend I underwent a successful surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from my pancreas,Jobs wrote in the e-mail. "I had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which represents about 1 percent...
- Bob Edmonds in Canada.com
The cancer spread from the bowel to his liver and pancreas and eventually claimed his life,Edmonds said in an interview.