- n loss of the ability to move a body part
- n a condition marked by uncontrollable tremor
- v affect with palsy
- The incidence of cerebral palsy in premature babies may be reduced by giving mothers magnesium sulfate, a common delivery-room drug, according to a new study.
- Happily, spastic cerebral palsy is also the most treatable form of CP, largely thanks to a procedure known as selective dorsal rhizotomy, in which the nerve roots that are causing .
- Karen Killilea is a freckle-nosed little girl of eleven who falls down more than most youngsters: she has cerebral palsy.
- David Cameron in Oxford Mail
Witney MP Mr Cameron said: "I have a son with epilepsy and cerebral palsy and when I look at how he suffers and I think if you could do anything to stop him suffering and stop other children suffering, shouldn't we try?"
- Jennifer Granholm in San Diego Union Tribune
The best way to make this real for the administration and for Congress is to be united 50-strong, to say this is really important to people with cerebral palsy, people with cancer, people in nursing homes,said Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm,...
- James Parkinson in Sydney Morning Herald
Sufferers of what James Parkinson, the English doctor who first diagnosed the disease, called "the shaking palsy" are sometimes shunned due to awkward and uncontrolled movements, or mistaken for persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs.