- n tall fan palm of Africa and India and Malaysia yielding a hard wood and sweet sap that is a source of palm wine and sugar; leaves used for thatching and weaving
- With them, the Sri Lankans hoped to blast open a strategic road and break the hold of Tamil Tiger rebels in the palmyra jungles in the northern part of the island.
- The families live in shelters made of palmyra thatch and corrugated iron, while single folk make do with tents.
News & Articles
- Photo: Summer fun at festival of Church of the Holy Spirit in Palmyra
Jayden McNamara, 3, of Palmyra (back left); Chase Daubert, 5, of Jonestown (center left); Emma Yourman, 4, of Palmyra (center right); and Henry Breit, 8, of Baltimore (right) enjoy a bounce house Friday at the Church of the Holy Spirit parish festival in Palmyra.
June 22, 2013 - Lebanon Daily News
- Palmyra passes rental ordinance but not everyone likes it
PALMYRA — Despite objections from property owners, the borough adopted an ordinance that requires rentals to be registered, inspected and licensed.
June 19, 2013 - Burlington County Times
- Palmyra’s Gus Macker 3-on-3 tourney deemed a winner
It was a true “hoop-la” at the first of hopefully many Palmyra Gus Macker basketball tournaments. A 3-on-3 tournament with a festival atmosphere attracting many, the Gus Macker games aim to promote sportsmanship, voluntarism and community through family-oriented activities. With its debut tournament over the weekend at the Palmyra Community Center on Stafford Street as well as on the Wayne ...
June 19, 2013 - Wayne Post
- Bonnie Raitt in Dallas Morning News
What he's created in Palmyra is a dream come true, and it's an incredible testament to his deep commitment to keeping music and how it's recorded as organic, spontaneous and yet up to the minute technologically as possible,Ms. Raitt added.