- n fortification consisting of a strong fence made of stakes driven into the ground
- v surround with a wall in order to fortify
- The design he unveiled in January is an angular palisade of white ribs with an upward thrust that he says was inspired by the idea of a child releasing a bird into the air.
- Thereupon thousands of Hindus, disciples of Gandhi, squatted before the palisade in the scorching sun, hour after nonviolent hour.
- And then there's his triumphant Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, in Texas, a palisade of glass pavilions that touch down mysteriously on a broad reflecting pool.
News & Articles
- Jensen pleads not guilty; trial in October
A Palisade mother charged in the deaths of her young sons pleaded not guilty to all charges this morning. Heather Jensen, 25, is now scheduled for trial over two weeks starting Oct. 28 before District Judge Valerie Robison. The deadline for a plea agreement in the case is Oct. 15.
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Palisade Water Treatment Facility Goes Solar
Palisade revealed a project Tuesday a year in the making. The town's water treatment facility has gone completely solar.
June 12, 2013 - KREX-TV Grand Junction
- Palisade to save on energy bills
The Town of Palisade will soon save big money on its electricity bills. It’s got a new solar energy system that thanks to a Western Slope company didn't cost the town anything up front.
June 12, 2013 - KJCT 8 Grand Junction
- St Brendan in TheFullPint.com
This is the third year we've brewed the Hand Picked Pale ale,said brewer Brendan McGivney, "and every year the beer has an essence of Palisade peaches derived from the local hops. It'sa truly unique Colorado flavor."
- Barbara Boxer in Fresno Bee (registration)
Naming the North Palisade Peak after David Brower is a fitting tribute to a man who loved the High Sierra and all of America's wilderness,Sen. Barbara Boxer said in a written statement.
- Ken Salazar in Greeley Tribune
Salazar noted on Friday, "For all those farmers in Weld County, down in Lamar and over in Palisade who watch their fruits and their vegetables and their crops staying out in the field, ...... they should be clamoring for us to move forward with...