- n small wooden bat with a flat surface; used for hitting balls in various games
- n a blade of a paddle wheel or water wheel
- n an instrument of punishment consisting of a flat board
- n a short light oar used without an oarlock to propel a canoe or small boat
- v propel with a paddle
paddle your own canoe
- v play in or as if in water, as of small children
- v swim like a dog in shallow water
- v walk unsteadily
- v give a spanking to; subject to a spanking
- v stir with a paddle
- Stand-up paddle surfing sounds bizarre and some traditionalists roll their eyes at it but the sport is taking off everywhere you can float on water.
- But those who practice sadomasochismincluding those halting dabblers who tee-hee their way through spankings, hoping to paddle excitement into their marriageknow it's .
- All you need is a paddle.
News & Articles
- WEST WINDSOR: Paddle for Pink draws 50 teams
Dragon boats and cancer survivors joined forces on Saturday during Paddle for Pink, a day of racing and reflection on Mercer Lake.
June 19, 2013 - The Princeton Packet
- Spruce, an activewear/paddle board store at Legacy Village, to host grand-opening parties
You can find new clothes for your outdoor adventures and rent or buy a paddle board, too, at one of Legacy Village's newest shops. Spruce will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony and opening gala on Thursday, June 20.
June 18, 2013 - The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Paddle the Georges River with the land trust
ROCKLAND — Georges River Land Trust volunteer and devoted paddler Dick Matlack will lead an exploration of the middle section of the St. George River on Saturday, June 22, beginning at 10 a.m. read more
June 18, 2013 - The Times Record
- Larry Ellison in USA Today
With a net, you have to put paddle down, and you lose mobility,Ellison said. "For 661, another kayaker got close to me and missed the ball with his net. He went past it, and I swooped in behind him."
- Antero Niittymaki in San Jose Mercury News
It's not the start we envisioned,said Niittymaki, who made 39 saves. "It is what it is right now. We just have to paddle through it and find a way to win. At least we played better this game."
- Wade Dubielewicz in USA Today
I tried to keep the puck from going back-door,Dubielewicz said, "and it hit the paddle of my stick and shot straight out."