- v have ownership or possession of
- a having an owner; often used in combination
- A new study says the widely held belief that kids perform better if raised in owned homes may not be true.
- Philadelphia says the group's bias against gays and atheists disqualifies it from a rent break on a city-owned building.
- On average, worker-owned companies survive longer, lose fewer workers, enjoy bigger profits and are more productive than their non-employee-owned competitors, says Rutgers .
News & Articles
- Sears site owned by City of Lake Charles sold
The former Sears Retail Site owned by the City of Lake Charles located in the 600 block of Ryan Street has been sold to FPL, LLC which is managed by Roger Landry.
June 16, 2013 - The Orange Leader
- Nature Scenes: Presidents have owned a great variety of pets
My cat, Socks, that I owned in the 1990s looked like a twin to President Bill Clinton's cat Socks. I owned my cat first, so I didn't copy the name. On a whim, I sent a photo of my Socks to the president, and was amazed to receive a postcard a few weeks later saying thank you! What pets have other pr ...
June 16, 2013 - The DeLand-Deltona Beacon
- NBC-Owned Stations Renew Steve Harvey Through 2016
NBC-Owned Stations Renew Steve Harvey Through 2016 Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:00 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution has sold Steve Harvey to NBC-owned stations through 2016, NBC announced on Wednesday. "Steve is ...
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Don Johnson in Wall Street Journal (blog)
Johnson said "It was my idea and I owned the rights in the first place."
- Henry Paulson in ABC News
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac play a central role in our housing finance system and must continue to do so in their current form as shareholder-owned companies,Paulson said Sunday. "Their support for the housing market is particularly...
- Jack Reed in msnbc.com
I think that's a totally different context. Harry Reid made a misstatement,Reed said. "He owned up to it. He apologized. I think he is mortified by the statement he's made. And I don't think he should step down."