overwrought : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s deeply agitated especially from emotion
- In the case of Hillary Clinton's erstwhile supporters, all of these feelings seem overwrought to me.
- Then he suggested to the mother that she had only to turn a small knob on the radio to keep her child from getting overwrought.
- Indeed, some of the criticisms of his action were overwrought and hysterical.
News & Articles
- For Father’s Day, Classic Surf and Turf With Flavors That Pop
When I think surf and turf, I think rich and overwrought. It’s not that I mind big and bold. It’s just that I prefer them when paired with fresh and vibrant, especially as we head into summer. So for Father’s Day I decided to rethink the classic surf and turf.
June 12, 2013 - Valley News
- A fresh take on a Father's Day surf and turf feast
When I think surf and turf, I think rich and overwrought. It's not that I mind big and bold. It's just that I prefer them when paired with fresh and vibrant, especially as we head into summer.
June 12, 2013 - Eureka Times-Standard
- A fresh takeon Father's Day surf and turf
When I think surf and turf, I think rich and overwrought.
June 12, 2013 - Coeur d'Alene Press
- Vice President Dick Cheney in New York Times
Behind the overwrought reaction to enhanced interrogations is a broader misconception about the threats that still face our country,Mr. Cheney says. "You can sense the problem in the emergence of euphemisms that strive to put an imaginary...
- Morrissey in RedOrbit
I wanted a louder sound for this record,Morrissey said at the time of the album's release. "I was introduced to Jerry by a mutual friend. He made me feel very confident. He's not easily pleased and he's not prepared to be overwrought. He...
- Bill Lawrence in USA Today
We're going to resolve those things during the year rather than build up to some overwrought, emotional finale. This is a comedy. All people want is a chance to say goodbye and that we tie up loose ends,Lawrence says, then jokes: "Then...