overshot : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v shoot beyond or over (a target)
- v aim too high
- s having an upper part projecting beyond the lower
an overshot jaw
- When I went there, I believed the Israeli armyEa few shells had just overshot.
- Then, about ten hours later, an American Airlines Lockheed Electra from Buffalo with 73 passengers and five crew members overshot a runway at La Guardia Air port and ended up in a .
- The Boeing 737-400 apparently made a hard landing and then overshot the runway, exploding into flames after it came to a halt in a rice field.
News & Articles
- Plane Crash At Priest Lake; No Injuries Reported
Officials in Cavanaugh Bay in Coolin, Idaho have confirmed with KHQ that a single-engine plane overshot the runway at the Cavanaugh Bay Airport. Fire Chief Peggy Smith says there were no injuries, but the pilot is pretty shaken up. The plane apparently lost a wing during the crash.
June 17, 2013 - KHQ Spokane
- Pilot safe after Priest Lake plane crash
COOLIN, Idaho -- A plan crashed near Cavanagh Bay Resort near Priest Lake on Sunday around 6:00 p.m. A small airplane overshot a grass airstrip according to authorities. Officials said Bonner County EMS units and other emergency crews responded to the crash. At least one person was involved but was able to get out of the plane and walk around.
June 17, 2013 - KREM.com Spokane
- Kenny Rogers in International Herald Tribune
I don't like it,Rogers said after MLB announced Tuesday that instant replay will start being used this week. "I think that it overshot the mark by far just because, what, in a Yankee game someone didn't get a homer? Please. It's happened...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Guardian Unlimited
I think that if this were an isolated incident, we'd be inclined to say 'Look, they overshot it,' said Clinton. "This is part of a long record of trying to upset the traditional separation of powers."
- LeBron James in USA Today
I had been aggressive in the fourth quarter,James said. "I was definitely going to get it back from Andy, but Andy made a good move. He just overshot it."