overcritical : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s inclined to judge too severely
the overcritical teacher can discourage originality
- Meany was just a bit overcritical.
- Wary of offending the couturiers, who have been known to exclude overcritical reporters or banish them to back-row seats, most of the well-tamed fashion writers were careful to .
- Readers, argues Cecil, may be overcritical of Hardy's often cumbersome, melodramatic writing if they fail to grasp that his work was modeled on the Elizabethan dramaon the wild .
- Geoffrey Robertson in guardian.co.uk
Geoffrey Robertson QC, whose latest book The Tyrannicide Brief is published by Random House US and who was under terrorist threat whilst acting for Rushdie, said: "We can't be overcritical of American publishers for cowering under terrorist threats....
- Dean Ashton in Times Online
I was reasonably pleased,Ashton said. "I probably could have done a little bit better and there were a few touches and passes that could have gone better, but that's being overcritical. Hopefully I've done enough to impress for the next...