- n subsidiary defensive structure lying outside the main fortified area
the outworks of the castle
- He has always said that he is no smarter than other people but that he will "damn well outwork 'em.
- No one can outlast, outwork or be more determined and focused than Mike Huckabee.
- He is the consummate campaigner, willing and able to outtravel, outspend and outwork McCarthy.
News & Articles
- Notebook: Pushing back for Captain Z
CHICAGO — With two days off between Game 4 and last night’s Game 5 at the United Center, comments made by Blackhawks forwards Jonathan Toews and Bryan Bickell about Bruins captain Zdeno Chara have gained plenty of traction. Chara was a minus-3 and on the ice for five Chicago goals during the Blackhawks’ 6-5 overtime win over the Bruins at the Garden. The Blackhawks can and did outwork Chara ...
June 23, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Bill Richardson in Guardian Unlimited
I know I'm the underdog, but I'm going to outwork the other candidates,Richardson told more than 50 supporters who greeted him at Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
- Evander Holyfield in International Herald Tribune
My momma always said, 'Son, some people may know more than you. Some people may be stronger than you at certain things. But when it comes down to working, it's up to you to let someone outwork you,'Holyfield recalled. "That's something...
- Mike Richards in MiamiHerald.com
We play the game hard, but within the rules. Other than a couple of minor blips, we just try and outwork the teams,Richards said. "We play a hitting style, a checking style where we try to turn pucks over. I don't think it's 'Bullies.'"