- n outlying areas (as of a city or town)
they lived on the outskirts of Houston
they mingled in the outskirts of the crowd
- n a part of the city far removed from the center
they built a factory on the outskirts of the city
- Strikes are first made against "targets of opportunity" on the outskirts of Baghdad.
- At Orlando township in the outskirts of Johannesburg, 20,000 Africans milled around the police station, led by Robert Mangaliso Sobukwe, 36, a Methodist-reared university .
- Lolo's house, on the outskirts of Jakarta, was a long way from the high-rises of Honolulu.
News & Articles
- 10 Killed in Mumbai Building Collapse
An apartment building has collapsed in the outskirts of India's financial capital, killing 10 people, including five children, and injuring nine other people. Officials say the three-story building collapsed early Friday in the Thane area on the outskirts of Mumbai while many of its residents were asleep. Police say emergency workers have rescued 20 people from the rubble and are continuing ...
June 21, 2013 - Voice of America
- Rebels hang on near Damascus, hope for deal on arms from Jordan
By Erika Solomon BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian rebels besieged in the outskirts of Damascus say they are facing a slow but steady advance by President Bashar al-Assad's forces, and are pinning their hopes on an anticipated influx of weapons from the Jordanian border. Opposition fighters once threatened Assad's dominance of Damascus but are now struggling to repel his forces, who have been emboldened ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Outskirts Press Reveals Top 10 Best Selling Books in Self-Publishing for May 2013
Outskirts Press, the fastest-growing full-service self-publishing and book marketing company today announced its top ten titles for May. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10846466.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Pervez Musharraf in CNN-IBN
Musharraf writes: "It can also be part of the overall settlement. On our part we are prepared to withdraw our troops from the Line of Control as part of an overall settlement......all troops could be moved out to the outskirts in order to...
- Moammar Gadhafi in Swissinfo
We, Africans, are victims of injustice. They brought us here like cattle to do hard and dirty work, and then they throw us to live on the outskirts of towns and when we claim our rights, the police beat us,Gaddafi said.
- Becky Hammon in Minneapolis Star Tribune
This was a game that was bigger than me and that whole fiasco,said Hammon, who had little impact in her 24 minutes. "I'm very thankful for where I came from. I've been around the world, and if you've even been on the outskirts of some of...