outlawed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v declare illegal; outlaw
- s contrary to or forbidden by law
- After Chinese health officials outlawed a product made by Guangzhou-based Yuzhitang Health Products that was associated with two deaths, the company simply started making a .
- Since Wild Horse Annie's campaign got under way, most Western states have outlawed mustang hunting by plane on state lands.
- Kevin Carter was born in 1960, the year Nelson Mandela's African National Congress was outlawed.
- Ernst Hirsch Ballin in International Herald Tribune
Mushrooms "will be outlawed the same way as other drugs," Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin told reporters in The Hague. "The way we will enforce the ban is through targeting sellers."
- Nouri al-Maliki in Reuters Canada
Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said his troops had restored calm to the city and blamed "outlawed armed criminal gangs from the remnants of the buried Saddam regime" for the violence.
- Jimmy Carter in AFP
Through more official consultations with these outlawed leaders, it may yet be possible to revive and expedite the stalemated peace talks between Israel and its neighbors,Carter wrote in an opinion piece for The New York Times.