outfielder : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (baseball) a person who plays in the outfield
- n a fielder in cricket who is stationed in the outfield
- All the Orioles gave up in exchange for Robinson was Pitcher Milt Pappas (1966 record: 10 wins, 11 losses) and a second-string outfielder.
- Instead, Moreno signed the best free agent on the market, outfielder Vladimir Guerrero, to a $70 million contract.
- Reggie Smith, the gifted, moody outfielder who bounced around the big leagues on a malcontent's reputation before finding a home with the Dodgers last season, was considered an .
News & Articles
- Sounds outfielder's career echoes father's
Nashville Sounds outfielder Khris Davis had an edge while pursuing a baseball career - his dad was a coach and scout with several major league organizations.
June 18, 2013 - The Tennessean
- Nashville Sounds outfielder's career echoes father's
Sounds outfielder Khris Davis learned about the game while watching his dad scout for major league teams as a child. / Sanford Myers / file / The Tennessean
June 18, 2013 - The Journal News
- Outfielder Gindl thrilled to get the callup
Outfielder Caleb Gindl arrived from Triple-A Nashville on Saturday and became the sixth Milwaukee Brewer to make his Major League debut in a season yet to hit its halfway point.
June 15, 2013 - Milwaukee Brewers
- Theo Epstein in Hartford Courant
We felt we would be able to find a complementary outfielder on the market easier than we would find a valuable member of the bullpen,Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein said.
- Omar Minaya in SI.com
Ben Johnson is a versatile outfielder who can play all three spots, has speed and shown some power. He is just 25 years old and we feel he has yet to reach his potential,Mets general manager Omar Minaya said. "Jon Adkins has had success on...
- Manny Acta in USA Today
That was the play of the game,Nationals manager Manny Acta said of Kearns' play. "Actually, it was just a tremendous play. He's got such good instincts as an outfielder; it saved the game right there. It could have continued for them and...