osteomyelitis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an inflammation of bone and bone marrow (usually caused by bacterial infection)
- Gita had osteomyelitis in her toes and was losing bones in her feet.
- At the same time, Miyake was recovering from osteomyelitis, a bone-marrow disease (evidently unrelated to the bombing) he developed at age 10.
- When he tried to enlist in the army in 1914, he was sent home as unfit (a childhood attack of osteomyelitis had left him with one leg four inches shorter than the other).
News & Articles
- A new model -- and possible treatment -- for staph bone infections
( Vanderbilt University Medical Center ) Osteomyelitis -- a debilitating bone infection most frequently caused by Staphylococcus aureus ("staph") bacteria - is particularly challenging to treat.Now, Vanderbilt University investigators have identified a staph-killing compound that may be an effective treatment for osteomyelitis, and they have developed a new mouse model that will be useful for ...
June 19, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Cadel Evans in San Francisco Chronicle
My mother read about penicillin in the rural countryside of Louisiana and brought that information to our doctor, who didn't know that penicillin was being used to treat osteomyelitis. [He] got her information. Put me on a course of penicillin. I... Billy Tauzin http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Tauzin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEoWHZXVC-dz4IHnW6V8rItWgnCKw Boston Globe (registration) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/2007/06/12/drug_ad_firms_gird_as_house_takes_up_fda_revamp&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEAl2l_ElB6x1nZGPqHw4FBHNDsfQ Jun 12, 2007
70405 94599 osteopath I'm lucky that I've been very well looked after," Evans said. "My own osteopath who travels with me put me back into pieces, and the team doctor patched me up from ankle to neck - with a few holes."