oslo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the capital and largest city of Norway; the country's main port; located at the head of a fjord on Norway's southern coast
News & Articles
- Statoil sets up new security arm in response to Algeria attack
OSLO (Reuters) - Norway's Statoil has set up a separate division focused on security and emergency procedures in response to an attack in January on its gas plant in Algeria by Islamist militants. The firm also said on Friday it had more than doubled the number of security staff in its international division compared with last year. It is also increasing security personnel in other divisions and ...
June 21, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Oslo dock, dredging ideas hit resistance; FIND likely to pass 7 other local projects
A proposal to extend the Oslo boat ramp dock and dredge the waters deeper would give larger boats access, but the work could create turbidity and damage seagrasses.
June 20, 2013 - St. Lucie News Tribune
- The City of Oslo Applies for a Financial Governmental Guarantee for the 2022 Winter Olympics
OSLO, Norway--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The application for a financial governmental guarantee to stage the Oslo 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics was officially delivered to the Minister of Culture today. With this, the Oslo 2022 Olympic bid reaches another key milestone. Wishing all a heartily welcome to Oslo With this official action taken today, the City of Oslo together with the Norwegian Olympic ...
June 20, 2013 - Business Wire
- King Harald V in International Herald Tribune
Innermost in the Oslo Fjord, the opera house rises as a new and monumental landmark,said King Harald in declaring the opera open. "This house for many generations to come will be filled with music, dance and song."
- Jody Williams in International Herald Tribune
I think it's awesome that 100 countries are coming to Oslo to sign (the new cluster bomb treaty),said American Jody Williams, who won the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize for her efforts to ban land mines.
- Jeremy Wariner in International Herald Tribune
Michael told me it could be broken at any meet, any time this season, as long as you work hard for it. So it could be in Oslo, it could be at the Olympics or it could be at the Grand Prix final past the Olympics. Or it could be in three years,...