orthographic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or expressed in orthography
- Any word that seems to be a good candidate for an update undergoes rigorous scrutiny as the editors seek input from a panel of some 200 orthographic and lexicographic whizzes.
- Still, the founding father's orthographic shortcomings somehow make that austere figure more engaging.
- We shall agree that h-e-i-g-h-t is an orthographic monstrosity; but when it is abolished and we have to decide whether the official pronunciation shall be hite or hyth, there .
News & Articles
- Adult spelling bee comes to Weston library
Did the National Spelling Bee last week make you long for the fun of an orthographic challenge? Never fear, a Weston spelling bee is here. The Friends of the Weston Public Library is hosting the inaugural Weston Public Library Adult Spelling Bee on Sunday, June 9, at 5:30.
June 7, 2013 - Weston Forum