orphaned : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v deprive of parents
- s deprived of parents by death or desertion
- The grandmothers whom we meet are guardians for their orphaned grandchildren.
- Babies infected with HIV, orphaned and abandoned because their mothers had succumbed to AIDS, are cared at the orphanage.
- In sub-Saharan Africa, AIDS kills 6,500 every day, leaving millions of children orphaned.
- Angelina Jolie in Hindustan Times
We have seen first-hand the remarkable job SOS does to raise orphaned and abandoned children and keep families together,Jolie said in a statement.
- Ingrid Newkirk in Toronto Sun
We love pomp and circumstance as much as anyone, but not when it causes mother bears to be shot to death for hats and leaves baby bears orphaned,said PETA president Ingrid E. Newkirk in the news release. "No tradition on Earth can justify...